These Things About R507 Refrigerant, Do You Know?
R507 refrigerant is a long-term substitute for R-502 refrigerant (HFC-type substances), with an ODP value of zero and does not contain any substances that damage the ozone layer. Since the cooling capacity and efficiency of R507 refrigerant are very close to that of R502, and it has excellent heat transfer performance and low toxicity, R507 is more suitable for medium and low-temperature refrigeration applications than any other known substitute for R-502.
The standard boiling point of R507 is -46.7°C, which is very close to the standard evaporation temperature of R502.
Under the same working conditions, its cooling capacity per unit volume is slightly larger than that of R502, and the exhaust temperature of the compressor is slightly lower than that of R502; only the condensing pressure is slightly higher than that of R502, so the pressure is slightly higher than that of R502.
R502 refrigerant Characteristics and application
1. R502 refrigerant is a low-temperature refrigeration fluid with excellent refrigeration performance, such as high freezing capacity and fast refrigeration speed;
2. R502 refrigerant is mainly used as a refrigerant in low-temperature working conditions such as refrigerators and low-temperature refrigeration compressors;
3. R502 refrigerant is a mixed refrigerant. It is made of R125 refrigerant and R143 refrigerant mixed in proportion. It is an environmentally friendly refrigerant that does not damage the ozone layer. It is often used in commercial refrigeration systems with medium and low temperatures.
4. The molecular weight of R502 refrigerant is 111.6, its molar mass is 111.6g/mol, its critical temperature is 80°C, its critical pressure is 3.9MPa, its critical density is 0.5668g/cm3, and its boiling point is -45.6°C;
R507 refrigerant Characteristics and application
1. Like R404A refrigerant, R507 refrigerant is also used to replace R502 refrigerant, but R507 reaches a lower temperature than 404A. Its molar percentage is R125, accounting for 41.184%, and R143A, accounting for 58.816%.
2. R507 refrigerant is more suitable for low-temperature new commercial refrigeration equipment, quality assurance equipment, mobile refrigeration equipment, marine refrigeration equipment, etc.; R507 can be used in all refrigeration environments that R502 is suitable for. In addition, R507 can also be used as a foam generator. Foaming agent, used to replace R12;
3. R507 refrigerant, also known as HFC-507, has a molecular weight of 99, a standard boiling point of -46.8°C, and a critical temperature of 71°C;
4. The critical pressure of R507 refrigerant is 3.7MPa (absolute pressure), and the critical density is 0.488g/cm3;
5. Its CAS number is 354-33-6/420-46-2, its ozone destructive potential is 0 in ODP, and its global warming coefficient GWP is 3985;
The difference between R507 Refrigerant and R404A
1. Refrigerant R404A is a mixture of R125/R143a/R134a at a ratio of 44%/52% and 4%. R507 is a mixture of R125/R143a at a ratio of 50%/50%. From the composition of the mixture, It can be seen that the three ingredients of R404A already include the two ingredients of R507. Both refrigerants have an ODP of 0 and do not damage the ozone layer;
2. The pressures of R404A and R507 and the temperature and pressure gauge data show that the pressures between the two are almost the same and will not impact the system. If you usually pay attention to the system accessories used, especially the markings on the expansion valve, The instructions are shared between R404A and R507;
3. R404A is a non-azeotropic mixture and must be filled in liquid form, while R507 is an azeotropic mixture;
4. The presence of R134a in R404A increases the mass transfer resistance and reduces the heat coefficient of the transfer chamber, while the heat transfer coefficient of R507 is higher than R404A;
5. Judging from the manufacturer’s current use results, the effect of R507 is indeed faster than the cooling speed of R404A;
6. In terms of cost performance, R507 is 30-40% higher than R404A;
7. The performances of R404A and R507A are relatively close. The compressor power consumption of R404A is 2.86% higher than that of R507A; the exhaust temperature of the low-pressure compressor is 0.58% higher than that of R507A, and the exhaust temperature of the high-pressure compressor is 2.65% higher than that of R507A; COP ratio R507A is 0.01 higher; the intermediate temperature is 6.14% lower than R507A.
R507, like R404A, is an environmentally friendly refrigerant used to replace R502 and R22 refrigerants, but R507 can usually reach a lower temperature than R404A. R507 is suitable for new commercial refrigeration equipment with medium and low temperatures (supermarket refrigeration cabinets, cold storage, display cabinets, transportation), ice-making equipment, transportation refrigeration equipment, marine refrigeration equipment, or updated equipment.
R507 is a new refrigerant introduced as a replacement for R502. Wherever R502 can be used, R507 can be used instead. Compatible with most materials in the original system but requires changes to the dryer and other minor components. R507 is a mixed refrigerant. Refrigeration oils usually used with R-507 refrigerant include ICEMATIC SW32, SW220, EMKARATE RL32H, RL170H, etc.