About R417A Refrigerant You Should Know
R417A Refrigerant Applications
1. R417A refrigerant is used for fluorine-free replacement of existing R22 refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment:
A new environmentally friendly refrigerant used to replace Freon R22 used in existing direct expansion directly fixed air conditioning systems (domestic and commercial air conditioning systems); it can also be used in medium-temperature commercial refrigeration systems.
2. R417A is used in heat pump water heaters (initial installation):
The successful application of R417A in heat pump water heaters has made R417A a mainstream heat pump refrigerant.
R417A is used for fluorine-free replacement of refrigeration and air-conditioning systems using Freon R22 and has the following characteristics:
- Replacing the compressor and compressor lubricating oil is unnecessary.
- There is no need to improve the voltage resistance design of the system.
- There is no need to change the system’s plastic, insulation materials, or metal parts.
- There is no need to change the production process requirements significantly.
- There is no need to reset the production line; it can be used with the original R22, R407C, and R410A production lines.
- The composition ratio is relatively stable; when the refrigerant capacity is insufficient, it can be directly replenished without completely draining and refilling.
- Directly replaces Freon R22, which facilitates after-sales maintenance of new and old products and reduces the requirements for personnel and equipment for after-sales maintenance.
- Reduce production and after-sales maintenance costs.
- Comprehensive design can achieve the purpose of improving the energy efficiency ratio and improving the overall competitiveness of products.
R417A refrigerant is used in heat pump water heaters (replacing Freon R22) with the following features:
- It is suitable for various working environment temperatures and can be used generally in cold areas (-15℃) and above.
- The outlet water temperature of the water heater can be higher than 70°C and has substantial capacity.
- Environmentally friendly product, R417A refrigerant, does not pollute the ozone layer.
- The thermal efficiency during the heating process is higher than that of R22, saving about 18% of electricity energy than R22.
- The exhaust pressure and temperature are less than R22, and the compressor has a long service life.
- Can be directly replaced without replacing the compressor and expansion valve.
- Compatible with R22 system, compatible with MO, POE, PAG, or AB compressor lubricating oil, low replacement cost.
- Stable composition ratios: significant changes in component proportions occur only with leaks of over 85%.
- Comply with the environmental protection and safety requirements for products exported to developed countries such as Europe, the United States, and Japan.
Matching refrigeration oil
R417A refrigerant is miscible with existing refrigeration oils and is suitable for use in typical R22 direct expansion (DX) systems. Its operating pressure and efficiency are very close to R22. It is a long-term solution to replace R22 without requiring changes to equipment and systems. It is suitable for various air conditioning and refrigeration units using R22.
Which refrigeration oil is ultimately used for R417A refrigerant in different equipment and different application places should follow the recommendations of the refrigeration compressor and refrigeration (air conditioning) equipment manufacturers or determine the use of equivalent designs based on the specific conditions of use of the refrigeration compressor and refrigeration equipment. The refrigeration lubricant required by the technician is the same refrigeration oil.
Storage and transportation
R417A refrigerant cylinders are pressurized containers. They should be stored away from fire, heat sources, and direct sunlight. They are usually held in a cool, dry, and ventilated warehouse. They should be loaded and unloaded lightly during transportation to prevent damage to cylinders, valves, and other accessories.
R417A environmental protection
Refrigerant R417A is a green refrigerant used in refrigeration systems. It is a halogen-free, environmentally friendly refrigerant designed to replace refrigerants harmful to the atmospheric ozone layer, such as R22 and R134a. The physical properties of this mixture enable it to have good refrigeration performance and energy consumption efficiency without damaging the atmospheric ozone layer.
Currently, R417A occupies a significant market share in the European replacement refrigerant market and is widely used to replace central air-conditioning refrigerants in shopping malls, hotels, supermarkets, and offices. It is energy-saving, environmentally friendly, efficient, and simple to replace (no need to change the compressor). machine and expansion valve) and other features, making it the first choice product in Europe to replace R22.